XCOM designed and built the 'Welcome To Our Home' microsite for Fiji Airways, as the first phase of a campaign to increase brand awareness. Fiji Airways were looking for individuals, couples or families who deserve an unforgettable, life-changing getaway. Entrants could nominate themselves, or others, by sharing their remarkable stories in words or by submitting a video.
XCOM produced a responsive microsite to gather nominations from five country groups, and launched three different versions of the site via GeoIP targeting. The English language version of the site catered for entrants from the United States, Australia and New Zealand; we then displayed different content for Fiji and localised to traditional Chinese for entrants from Hong Kong, again with different content.
CAMPAIGNWelcome To Our Home - Nominations
- Raise awareness of the Fiji Airways brand, and how they treat every single passenger with the same warmth and care you'd expect from your family and friends at home.
XCOM collaborated with Iris Sydney on the campaign design and have developed the attractive, simple to enter, responsive microsite to capture nominations from the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Fiji.
This campaign was designed to raise awareness of the boutique Fiji Airways brand, with the first phase seeking deserving nominations to experience the extraordinary personal care and attention that you receive on board their flights.
Launching in September 2014, this first (nominations) phase of the campaign microsite was developed with three variants and served to capture nominations across five targeted country groups. Each version allowed entrants to nominate either themselves, or someone they knew, and tell their story by entering a short essay, or by creating and linking to a short video submission.
Featuring an inspirational video, and representative stories, each version of the site was supported by a great seeding strategy and paid media support to generate worldwide attention.
Four lucky winners, from the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong, received fantastic 'home away from home' Fijian experiences with return flights, accommodation, meals, activities and spending money.
The lucky Fijian winner got to reunite with family or friends overseas – taking themselves and family members on a return flight to anywhere in the world.
Fiji Airways and Iris Sydney, utilised XCOM's KPI dashboard to shortlist entrants and choose the deserving winners. These winners received an unforgettable trip of a lifetime, and featured in a professionally filmed promotional video to tell their stories in a second phase of the campaign - to launch in November 2014.
- Simple, fully responsive, vertically scrolling microsite
- GeoIP targeting to serve different content, and a fully localised traditional Chinese variant
- Compelling professional video to showcase the tropical home away from home experience and inspirational stories to aid nomination
- User-friendly site navigation, featuring smooth scrolling links, expanding sections and a sticky navigation menu bar
- Facebook connect function to prefill nomination forms
- Social share functionality via Email, Facebook and Twitter (Weibo in the Hong Kong version)
- Triggered emails for: confirmation of entry (self-nominated, nominated another and nominated by another) and a forward-to-friend share email
- Comprehensive KPI dashboard for reporting and shortlisting entrants